Friday 13 May 2011

12th of May: Nanakusa, Yates - Food for thought

When exams end, the cravings kicks in.
My hands were also itching and tingling to cook something since exams forbid me from enhancing my cullinary skills.

Egg tarts! Homemade! 5th try! I think I have perfected it!



After spreading the egg tart love around, a bunch of us headed out for lunch at Nanakusa, a japanese restaurant. Being deprived from Japanese food for 9 months made a spoon of rice at Nanakusa, tasted like heaven. We all had the lunch sets. Although the portions were small, it was definitely worth while to drown my tastebuds with Japanese food. Everything tasted good!





Edamame, Sashimi, Sushi, Maki

Katsu

Karaage

Salad

Yakitori

Tempura


Like I mentioned earlier, it was a day to indulge! So, after lunch, we headed to Yates for some desserts. It was "Buy 2 for the price of 1". We had four plates of desserts. Three out of four were sinfully rich with chocolate. Delicious, nonetheless.

Caramel Chocolate pudding

Rocky Road Choclate cheesecake

Warm Chocolate brownie + ice cream

Warm chocolate melt + Ice cream


The aftermath of being sugar high:-






After Yates, the next stop was home to prepare dinner.
Filling chef: GC; Wrapping chef: GC + Alex; Fryer: Amy .. FRIED TO PERFECTION!

Alex made sambal dried prawns, while I made sambal ikan bilis.

Fried anchovies


My version of sambal ikan bilis

Alex's creation: Sambal dried prawn

My dinner for the night besides samosa and sambal:

Honey chicken and vege


The one bowl of uber spicy Alex's sambal was finished by mostly by him and Amy.
a huge bowl of sambal

samosa topped with sambal dried prawns


After much chatter with the lovely bunch, we were suppose to watch ANTM. Unfortunately, it wasn't loaded online. With plenty of free time, Choo Wei and Alex decided to make oatmeal raisin cookies. So, cookies for supper :)


Oh, what a day.

We craved,
We indulged,
We satisfied.... the tummy =D

No comments:

Post a Comment