Monday 13 June 2011

I'm living the dream

The end of the first week in WSM, Somerset. I'm loving it.

Today marks the first day I am a Boots employee. I travelled two hours to reach the Boots Divisional Office in Bristol. It was a 10am till 4pm training session. We get paid for attending training! My division had two very enthusiastic male staff, giving us training tips n introducing us to the world of Boots! Aim: To make us Legendary Pharmacists!

I was told it was boring. But, NO, it was FANTASTIC! I learned so much that I look forward to start work and can't wait for the 8th week to meet up with my fellow West division people again. In addition to that, there was free flow of hot chocolate, coffee and tea and there were brunch, lunch and tea breaks which allowed us time to mingle with the other West division students. Majority of them were from Bath Uni. We also had plenty of group discussions and presentations during the day.

S.T.E.Ps to impress:
  • Smile
  • Tone of voice
  • Eye contact
  • Posture
Smiling has not been a problem of late. Everyone around me has been helpful from the bus driver to the train ticket counter lady to the passengers to the housemates and even to the people on the streets. I love it MUCH more than Glasgow.

Day one at the pharmacy begins tomorrow. The staff and my tutor were lovely when I dropped by to say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment