Friday 13 April 2007

Björk


Björk, originally uploaded by blue eyes.

Björk debuted her latest album, Volta last Monday here in Reykjavik. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go. I actually haven't talked to anyone who did go, so I can't report on how it was. I do know that the album is officially due out May 7th but that it leaked early onto the internet. It seems there's some confusion about the artwork for the album and a general kind of fuzzy buzz on music websites and such. Whether you love or hate her sound, it's always got a certain amazing power and definite originality, so kudos to her.

A little story: I was at Sirkus, one of our favorite little scrappy bars one night about three years ago when a smallish person appeared next to me as I finished ordering a drink. A quick glance showed me that this person had something odd going on in lieu of a hat. I looked at her and said calmly, "Excuse me, but you have a polar bear on your head."

"Yes, I know," she replied.

We lifted our glasses slightly, made quick eye contact and moved on into the night. Yes, it was Björk.

(By the way, the image is courtesy of www.bjork.fr/Wallpapers.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment