Friday 9 March 2012

Lee hom's concert

Wang Lee Hom's concert was fabulous. Despite the rain, I was in awe with his stage performances. It wasn't my first time hearing about him BUT it was my first time going for his concert, first time listening to his songs and first time really taking a good look at his face. A Lee Hom fan squealed, "Oh my god!!! He is so cutttteeeeee!" ahaha

The rain did ruin my mood to take more pictures. So, I only had pictures of his starting performances. After that, the rain god started working till the end of the show.

I had three VVIP tickets. Uber excited about that since it cost rm800+ per ticket. I did not bother looking up his songs before the concert. I was like, "Just surprise me!".... Somemore i wouldnt understand what his songs were about.

Everyone had seats provided. So, it was rather convenient to move about. For instance, if i needed to go to the toilet, i would not need to find my way by pushing through the crowd. Seated concerts are so much more tidy and organised. Nobody will step on any other person's toe unless you slip on the muddy field. The only downside to a seated concert was, "how to enjoy the concert? How to scream?" Standing seemed like a crime since everyone was seated. Screaming while seated could get us sued as it was like practically screaming directly to the ears of the people seating in front of you. You will get stared at and jeling-ed.

Anyway, the rain did diminish my enthusiasm to let go and thoroughly enjoy if i were standing up. This was because my chair was those cushion. So it will be soaked if i didnt protect it from the rain. Furthermore, wearing the free raincoats provided was like being in my own personal sauna.

Other than the rain, lee hom gave an amazing performance. I loved that i could feel he made an effort to appreciate his fans. Twice, he was on a vehicle, singing while going around the stadium so that his fans had a good look at him. Never happened in a lady gaga or pussycat dolls concert i've been to.

Anyway, my opinion is based on his stage performance as i am not deemed 'fit' to comment on his singing because i have this switch which turns off in my head whenever i hear ppl speaking chinese. Its a habit thats hard to break. Its like when someone is having a conversation in chinese, my mind can just wander off and the chinese becomes non existent to my ears. Put me in a room with all chinese language spoken, i will still b able to concentrate on what im doing.

Nevertheless, the concert was a great experience... There was also a fantastic view of klcc and kl tower from the stadium.



No comments:

Post a Comment