Thursday 19 January 2012

Fukuya, Japanese restaurant

Fukuya is one of the higher end jpanese restaurant. Stepping into the restaurant's compound feels different than other places. It has a resort-like feeling to it. I did not take any pictures of the surroundings as I went there for dinner.

We sat in a private room.

Fukuya was the place where I had my first taste of fish sperm. It was definitely an experience I do not think I will crave for again.

We also had hamachi, yellowtail. The one I had in USA wad better.

Of course, what makes this restaurant stand out is the generous portion of sashimi and it tastes really fresh. We had an assorted basket of sashimi which was tastefully decorated. Tuna, salmon, toro, white fish and uni were the sashimi served.

Another must try was their roll, which was unagi with cili padi inside. Thankfully, I have the habit of reading food reviews before going to a restaurant. Hence, I was prepared for this cili padi roll. The cili padi was too much till it made one of the male diner walk out of the room, tearing. So, becarefully with this roll. It did taste good.

We had some other dishes like fried ebi and shrimp tempura, which I think Octopus restaurant does better.

For dessert, I had this japanese
Melon. Tasted like honey dew. A few other diners ordered sesame ice cream, green tea and raspberry ice cream. I had a taste of the raspberry ice cream, and it tasted like heaven. It was simply irrisistable that I had to place one order for myself. So, two desserts for the night.

All in all, the dining experience was fantastic. It is priced above average, but definitely should go there at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment