Thursday 29 November 2012

Nexus 7

At first the craze was on handphones.
Then it moved on to handphones with cameras.
Then it was handphones with higher megapixels camera and video recording.
Then it was the ipod, smartphones, androids.....
Now, it is all about the tablet.

Yesterday Hot UK Deals posted an offer for Nexus 7 32GB tablet for 179 pounds. A 16GB was worth 159pounds. So, the 32GB Nexus 7 was really hot stuff yesterday. It was not available for order from Carphone Warehouse.

I never wanted a tablet till yesterday. The interest in Nexus 7 made me do some research on tablets and I must say, after reading and watching a few youtube videos, I looked at my tiny Acer minibook on my study table and thought "A tablet would be better and so much lighter"

LOL

Then I started recalling when I was so happy to get my salary to buy my first laptop which was the Acer minibook. I was happy I could carry it in my handbag, like how Paris Hilton carries here chihuahua in her bag, instead lugging around with a not so pretty computer bag. To be honest, the Acer laptop was only light to carry in the handbag if I didn't pack the portable charger and socket into the same bag. But, what is the point of a powerless laptop, right? In addition to the weight issue, my laptop speakers has started giving me problems and it gets really heated up after using it for a while.

Hah, I am like writing out points as to why I should get a tablet. Just because I looked up tablets, Google ads on most sites I go to advertise tablets now, which makes it even more irresistible  Even my own blog advert is advertising about Nexus 7!

Postitive, light bulb thought: Maybe a tablet would make me read more scientific journals for my research?

Oh, there was a bit of snow today in Glasgow.




No comments:

Post a Comment