Friday 12 July 2013

New haircut @ Toni & Guys Academy, New Oxford Street

Few months back I realised my hair was really long, which I liked, but there were too many obvious split ends. Hair cuts in UK aren't exactly cheap so I put off cutting my hair till now. Being in London, I suddenly recalled about my free hair cut in Toni and Guy Academy in Malaysia. So, I started googling 'free hair cuts' and there were a list of people looking for hair models to get free hair cuts and wash around London in Gumtree's website.

The haircut I did in Malaysia took four hours because it was a bob cut. This time, I was just looking forward to getting half of my hair chopped off just to be sure there will be no split ends.

I sent a couple of text to some students of Toni and Guy Academy who avertised on Gumtree. The first two were fully booked till late august! Luckily, one of the student introduced me to her friend who needed models.

It started off with the student explaining to her supervisor how she plans to cut my hair. It was something about angles and terms I have never heard of. I remember back in Malaysia, the supervisor drew on the mirror to show how to cut my hair.

After that, I had my free hair wash by the student. Then one hour of hair cut. My haircut gets assesed twice by the student's supervisor. Once when my hair was still wet and the second time when my hair has been blowed dry.

It was a pretty busy day for everyone at the academy. The haircut was alright :)

No comments:

Post a Comment