Saturday 11 August 2012

Food and Tea Restaurant, Festival City KL

I think previously I raved about Ka Fei Dian's assam laksa. But, then their assam laksa's standard started dropping the next few times I patronised Ka Fei Dian. One time they did not serve fish with my assam
Laksa and when I asked the manager where is the fish, all she said was, "Oh, the fish has not arrived.." I was definitely shocked till speechless because The main reason assam laksa was RM10 was because of the fish. Fishless assam laksa should be RM2 because it will just be noodles with laksa soup! There was also another time when their assam laksa soup was still cold when they served.....

Anyway, those incidence were obvious reasons why Ka Fei Dian no longer exist in Festival City after less than a year of opening. Now, it is being replaced with Food and Tea Restaurant. It is a non-halal restaurant because they serve pork burgers, pork minced meat porridge and other porky food. This restaurant has other branches at Aeon Cheras Selatan, Berjaya times square, one in Kuantan and two more locations.

After watching Step Up Revolution with tf, I was hungry and I have always wanted to try this restaurant. I had the look at their banner and the food was decently priced, so we gave it a try.

I had the Sang Har Mee (RM11.80) while TF had the pork porridge with century egg. Both dishes were really good actually. The big prawns tasted really good and it had the yummy egg in the head part. The sauce for the noodle was satisfying enough. As for the porridge, they did give a generous portion of pork and century eggs.

Of course, given that there is no promise that they would maintain their standard and quality of food since the mall does not really have the crowd, I do hope they do not drop like Ka Fei Dian. So, I would make another visit there again to try other stuff such as their pork burger (maybe asap).

Step Up the movie had some really good dance moves :) butthestorylinewasblah

No comments:

Post a Comment