Friday 31 August 2012

Signature Hotel, Kuantan

Of late, TF has been staying in Kuantan due to some ongoing work projects. It is pretty difficult to choose an appropriate hotel when in Kuantan due to the lack of reviews on the internet. Furthermore, more  new hotels are being opened in Kuantan. With his experience in staying in various hotels around Kuantan, he very kindly shared with me to allow me to  post it on my blog :)

BOOKING
Signature hotel has 47 rooms available. Walk-in bookings can sometimes be cheaper than the online booking. So, it is best to call the hotel to check their rates first, before booking online. I was also told that Agoda.com charges a processing fee which then means you will have to pay extra.

ADDRESS
 No. 41, Tkt. Bawah & Mezz, Jalan Beserah, 25000 , Kuantan, Pahang. tel+609 513 2919

LOBBY
Signature Hotel was one hotel I stayed in recently. First thing to put in my mind is, do not expect much from hotels with price range of RM95-Rm150 per night. When I first step foot into the lobby of this hotel, the whiff of fresh paint was unavoidable. This was because the hotel was just opened four months ago. Other than that, the lobby was tidy and clean. The interior was simple yet showed some class.


I am actually sitting at the lobby while blogging because the lobby's atmosphere is decent. There are many Malaysian chinese people who are hotel guests here. The black sofa I am sitting on is pretty comfortable. More comfortable than the room which only has a small stool.

At the lobby, there are also newspapers provided for free reading.

STAFF
The service, I must say, is impeccable. The receptionist was this naturally friendly guy. Not that type I see in posh hotels, where they are trained to be friendly. He was helpful and happy to answer any queries we had. That is a plus point when staying in a hotel - Good service! He even offered to get me some nasi lemak for breakfast, so that I did not need to cross the road. It does make one feel at home to have caring staff like that.

HOUSEKEEPING
This hotel provides daily housekeeping. Since it was a weekday, I think the housekeeper was not busy. So, I could just walk down to the lobby and request for her to clean my room now since I was going out. Of course, she will still clean your room that day even without asking. If you do not wish to have your room cleaned, you could also just request for a change of towels. The housekeeper was happy to oblige and very friendly. You know how sometimes I get intimidated by the staff elsewhere because of their rudeness and stuck up behaviour, in Signature Hotel its different. I am not even paid by them to write this review!

THE HOTEL ROOM
I stayed in a room with a queen size bed and one bathroom. Basically, when you enter the room, its already the bedroom with a shelved cupboard on my right and then the bathroom. There is also a TV with 12 channels (eg: Star movies, national geographic, other local channels)
The bathroom is decent. They lack a shower curtain which makes the entire toilet wet after I shower. I did not like that part because wet toilets just feels disgusting. Anyway, the ventilation is good and the aircond is pretty strong, so the toilet floor does dry up fast.


Although the hotel is located along the pretty busy street of Jalan Berserah, but I was not disturbed by the sounds of traffic when I was in the hotel room. The one thing lacking in the room was a kettle to boil hot water. There are also no cups or complementary coffee or tea. Complementary mineral water were provided..

SURROUNDING SHOPS
Signature Hotel is located on the same row as Jawhari Cat Medical Centre, Syarikat Menang Glassware (a shop selling dining utensils), Al-Ikhsan (Sports shop), Klinik Dr. Ko and 7-Eleven. In my opinion, if there is a 7-eleven nearby, its good enough to survive. I found out from the 7-eleven staff that they provide hot water for free, which is good given that the hotel does not provide hot water. But, of course, you will have to bring your own cup to take the hot water as the hot water in 7-11 was actually for the maggi cup noodles. So, thats where the glassware shop comes in handy if you need to buy a cup ;)

Other hotels in Kuantan review:
-Signature Hotel, Kuantan

No comments:

Post a Comment