Sunday 8 September 2013

Growing up

Its always nice to look back at old pictures and see how much we have grown.
My aunties, cousins and I. Can you spot me? :)

 When I look back at all the pictures I took, I realised my hairstyle changed and my weight fluctuated. At the very beginning of uni I thought I was fat.

But, when I look at the old photo now, I was not as fat as I thought I was. I am fatter now! HAH!

Before uni started, I was in USA and I was on my feet most of the time. So, I had plenty of exercise.
Photoshoot for Prestige magazine 2008

In uni, it was mostly burning time in the library. Also, unhealthy food became part of my life once uni began. I remember buying so many teh tarik and chicken sandwich because it was the only easy thing to eat in the library. I also started baking, cooking more and trying more food! Before uni, I hardly ate fried food, seldom had McDonalds cravings and I went to gym on a weekly basis.
Stilla makeover = photoshopped imperfections

Suffice to say, not watching what I ate over the years is detrimental. It is also important to have a partner who wants to be healthy too because studies have shown that woman who start dating will gain weight. This was because they try to eat the same portion as their other half on dates.

Three months ago, I started jogging, doing you tube exercises and watching what I ate. I had so much fat to burn that I was losing 1kg per week. That was amazing to me because so many times I lose control of what I eat.

20% exercise, 80% diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment