Thursday 19 September 2013

My birthday

Today is my birthday! I have always enjoyed small parties with meaningful people and the best people to spend birthdays with are my family members. My family and I had an early celebration for me because my bro could only be in town last weekend.

Today, I celebrated my birthday for real with cakes and candles. I am thankful for the chocolate cake my mum made. I am delighted with the chocolate and cheesecake my younger sister bought for me from Intercontinental Hotel. It looked and tasted amazing.
I am touched that I received a present from a friend. I think I buy more birthday presents for friends than I receive. So, it always feels nice to get something.
Mum and dad gave me floral earrings to match my floral dress.

This year has been pretty special. I did get some special presents which I will not reveal yet by the special someone. It is a 'transformation' present so I have to wait for the correct time to reveal. 

I am one year older and I feel that I have matured a bit more too. Don't everyone feel like they are always mature enough but realise one year later that they were not that mature actually. I think maturity comes with experience. The experience of taking chances, opportunities and living the moment. I have learnt that spending so much time at home will never make someone mature enough. Meeting new people, understanding different characters, and braving through the ups and downs of life is what I deem as being more mature. This year I made changes. This year I made an effort to change. This year I made more mistakes and I learnt to cope with it. This year I found the kind of company I really like. This year, I found myself.

I have plenty to be thankful for this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment