Tuesday 3 March 2015

Florian's First Letter Home

Florian, the 10 week old rough collie baby, had a very big day today.

He recorded it all in a letter sent to his breeder at the wonderful Lynmead Collie kennels.

I carried him to the post box.  He wrote " - sealed with a lick -' on the back of the envelope, and off it went, along with the photographs below.

What an adventure.



3 March 2015

Dear Mummy

I wanted to drop you a line and let you know how well I'm settling in my forever home and what a good boy I am.

It's a bit like being back at Lynmead HQ, but with fewer big collies to tease me about being a mummy's boy. I am getting lots of cuddles and have only had one accident in the kitchen.  My new big brother Hector and I go and pee together at exactly the same time.  It's fun and I'm normally faster. 

I'm eating my fill and check Hector's bowl every time to make sure he has done too.  One day I'm hoping he'll forget something and I'll get seconds.  I can see myself resembling a little furry cloud more and more.  Don't worry, I won't get fat, though.  I'm on a strict regime of ball chasing and wrestling with Hector.

I've been travelling the globe.  Well I think it's a globe - I'm not entirely sure what one is.  But I've been to the tropical rain forests of Yaxley Hall and the grasslands of Brick Kiln Farm.  There was a PEACOCK at Yaxley Hall.  Imagine.  Uncle Ringo would eat it for supper, I'm sure.  I just pretended I was scared and hid.  I wasn't reallythough, honest.

I've spent my hard earned pocket money on a fancy new collar in red with white polka dots, and a matching lead.  I've also got a new name tag on order, also in red.

Today I had my first day at work.  Mummy, it was hard.  I was given a comfy work station, but had to type things on my iBone for minutes on end, with only a few hours of nap time in between.  Fortunately I got a very good appraisal:

WORK APPRAISAL 3 March15:
FLORIAN MCCORMICK EDE
Rating
Cuddles
Excellent
Squishiness
Excellent
Wet Nosedness
Excellent
Brightness of Button Eyes
Excellent

I hope you are very proud of me. I've enclosed some photographs from work today. I promise I will come to visit you with my daddies when it's warm, so you can see what a big collie boy I've become.  Send my best to Horace and all my furry relatives.

With love

FLORIAN








No comments:

Post a Comment