Saturday 4 December 2010

The Sun

Remember way back in primary school when the teacher showed us how to draw a SUN. The sun always looked like this:

Never once did I question my primary school teacher as to why the sun should be drawn that way.
The sun usually looked bright and round in my eyes:


In high school, when people started reading and seeing more things around them, I learnt to draw the sun like this:

Again, being a typical Malaysian student, I didn't ask much. I just followed what others did.. and well, also because the sun looked wayyy nicer than the first one ;p
But to my naked eye, in sunny Malaysia, the sun still looked round. Sometimes looking up at the sun was impossible. Squint till cannot see the sun or if I tried to stare at the sun, my eyes will ended up seeing stuff in weird colours:


After high school, I was bound to meet someone who was selling art pieces at the malls (aka art drawn by professional artist) and it always looked like this:

PS: it will loook prettier with colours on it

This morning, I finally found the answer I wasn't was searching for after all those years XD

As I looked outside my window, the weather outside was absolutely fabulous today after all the continuous snowfall in the previous days. Hence, I decided to play around with my GF1... Played with the ISO, and WB modes on Manual.



I also ended up getting shots of the sunset. Yay because through my window, I can see the sunrise, and see it moving to the right side till it sets. East and West doesn't seem so far ;)










I thought the shots turned out nice... But then when I asked a friend to give his opinion, he said it was nice but its like any other normal photos.... *sad* Oh well, as long as I am happy with it and at least I know why the sun was drawn as what I've been taught since 6 years old :)

No comments:

Post a Comment