Monday 3 June 2013

Amore Pizzeria, Ingram Street, Glasgow

Another night out for pizzas and I only realised for the frst time that Ingram St had quite a number of Italian restaurants. How is it that we sometimes do not explore the interesting things located closest to us??

A quick walk through Ingram St and we settled for Amore Pizzeria. It was a warm and beautiful summer's night.

Interior of Amore was pretty and cozy! We were snapping photographs and the waiter jokingly said, "We charge for taking phtographs" and another one joined in saying, "Its true." That was how friendly the staff were :)

Comparing the pizza to Barolo Grill's one, I would still recommend Barolo's . For starters at Amore we had breaded mushroom which were quite plain tasting. I must say I preferred Aldi's breaded mushroom more.

For our mains, we ordered pizza margherita and pizza pepperoni.
 
Amore's pizza had the thick crust which was tough to eat and the pizza was not nice already when it was cold. Furthermore, the pizzas was too salty for my friend and I. It was hard to finish it without downing with loads of water.

On the bright side, the pizzas were stonebaked and it was not oily. Besides that, the pizza portion was so big that I decided to not eat the crust!

We then shared a tiramisu for dessert.

Tiramisu was so good it made me feel very happy after eating it! Now I would recommend that!!

The bill came with lollipops. Tasted not good. Would have preferred a mint sweet.

The verdict: Starters and Pizza no. Will try other dishes next time. Dessert yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment