Wednesday 19 June 2013

Luxembourgish evening


My cousin was kind enough to organise a Luxembourgish evening for me by inviting  a few of her friends over and preparing a few Luxembourgish delicacies. I am thankful for her kindness and effort in prepping everything. It was a good experience to try Luxembourgish treats.

Food served included:
1) "Fierkelsjelli" (pork in aspic/salty jelly) Salted jelly with cold pork on bread - I must say I am not a fan of cold meat and salted jelly was salty! At first I thought the salted jelly was coagulated fat.



2) "Rieslingspaschtéit mat Saumon" (pastry with salmon in Luxembourgish white wine)

"Rieslingspaschtéit mat Fleescsh" (pastry with meat in Luxembourgish white wine)meat pie and salmon pie with salted jelly


3) "rei Ham mat enger Cornichong" (smoked ham with pickled gherkin)

4) "Kachkéis"(soft cheese)  Luxembourgish cheese - it was an acquired taste which I couldnt swallow. It left a smelly smell like cow smell in my mouth.



5) "Iertsebulli mat Mettwurscht a Kiischtercher" (soup of peas with a Luxembourgish kind of sausage and marinated & fried pieces of bread) - it was a mixture of peas, celery, lorre and topped with sausages and fried bread, like croutons. That soup was good and warm.


6) "Feiersténgszalot" (cold meat salad with pieces of carrots and beans)

It was a good effort from my cousin to prepare all these food.

"Bananenbowle" For drinks, she soaked sliced banana with grape juice and then poured champagne into the bowl later. Taste like champagne!




No comments:

Post a Comment