Saturday 8 June 2013

Giggling Squid Thai Restaurant at Crawley

I took a train down to London Kings Cross and was bound for Crawley. Upon checking in into the Crowne Plaza, it was swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room time! I haven't done any of those in a year! It was not easy to do laps without goggles though. Two small kids ended up chatting and playin with me in the water. They did not want to leave the pool eventhough their mum was calling them lol I had to 'swim' the kids to their mum standing near the pool. Then I met them at the dressing room again and the little girl says:
"I have a joke for you"
What is it?
"What is pink and hot?"
Uhm I do not know. Is it you?
"No, its a pig!"
Why is the pig hot?
"Because its summer!!"

Lolxx

Dinner was at Giggling Squid, a tapas and Thai Restaurant. Crawley's High Street has these amazing row of restaurants. I love Giggling Squid's decoration! Its all wood from the flooring to the tables, the walls and the ceiling.

The tables were tastefully set up with cutleries and purple napkins. Looked good to me :)


The staff were real Thai people so imagine how authentic the service and food was :):)

Drinks we had
Jack and coke
Lemonade martini: tasted more like just lemonade.

Food we ordered:
STARTERS:
1. Crispy duck spring roll - Coming down to London I always craved for duck. The spring rolls were very good. It came with a side of hoisin sauce too.

2. Vegetable tempura - Lightly battered and deep fried brocolli, onions, sweet potato and something else. It tasted really delicious too.

Mains:
1. Morning glory - a vegetable

2. Coconut rice

3. Jasmine rice with Seafood Tomyam

4. Pad Thai

Food portion was pretty satisfying. From Trip Advisor, a reviewer wrote, "The best Thai food I have ever tasted." I couldn't agree more, at least in the UK!

It was a good day. It ended with a view of the sunset from my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment