Monday 17 June 2013

Day trip: Trier and Luxembourg

It was the first day in Luxembourg where I could be jacketless because the temperatures outside pretty decent.

It was my second trip to Trier so this time round it was not about touring the place but to pick up my friends. It was burning hot with the clear skies and sun shining that one of my friend already had 9 scoops of gelato ice cream by 3pm.

Trier is filled with shops and nice architectures. Most shops were closed on Sunday though.

Trier's cathedral was massive and beautiful inside. It was also free entry making it a more worthwhile visit than other cathedrals in UK i have been to which charges a fee for entry and photography.

The next stop was Luxembourg City. Again, I have gone through the tunnels and toured the city previously when I was in Luxembourg in Easter 2012. This trip was mainly to show my friends around with the short amount of time they had.

One new thing I learnt during this trip was that some buildings in the city had the year of when the building was built made of metal hung on the walls of their building.
The day ended with barbeque at my aunt's place and a walk around the neigbourhood. 
Met some slugs on the pathway while walking. My friends and I were walking with our eyes on the path as to not step on any of those slugs.




No comments:

Post a Comment