Friday 11 January 2013

Suffering on the bus

So, i am finally in Bournemouth with my awesome host, Alex. It was a long journey, 13 hours bus ride to be exact.
I know, I am crazy to do that.

But, I really did not think it would have been that bad at first.

When I was looking at megabus back in October, I was pretty ecstatic to know there were 1 pound buses available from Glasgow to London. I did not think about the travel duration. All I wanted was a cheap mode of transport. At the same time, I contacted Alex and we always wanted to meet up after so long. Therefore, I decided to go to Bournemouth from London. I also thought Bournemouth was only one hour away from London. But it was actually two and a half hours.

Sitting in Megabus for 7hours from Glasgow to London was torture. The bus was so bumpy. The seats were bumpy and shaky. I felt like my brain and other organs were really being shaked and moved. No matter where I lay, I was still shaking. Ended up with a terrible headache which lasted till the next day.

The only good thing about the trip was that I manage to see Manchester as the bus picked up some people from Manchester. Manchester looks like just another city with the same shops.

I do not look forward to my journey back to glasgow. I tried searching for flights or trains to go back, but it was too expensive :(:(

From london, I had to take another bus by National Express to head to Bournemout. I can see why people would rather pay more to ride on National Express. It was still bumpy but I guess my head was still aching from Megabus so the journey to Bournemouth was horrid too for me.

I did feel like puking but luckily I had ginger biscuits to keep the nausea away.

I am enjoying Bournemouth and the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment