Thursday 8 August 2013

Hainanese chicken rice

I enjoy cooking and I am in the kitchen everyday whipping something up.

Cravings for Hainanese chicken rice has been satisfied!!

Look at my hainanese steam chicken. i am much better at chopping a whole chicken now compared to last time. I have resorted to buying whole chicken nowadays as its a cheaper option than buying a pack of drumsticks or chicken breast. It is a rip off to buy chicken breast here. Bloody overpriced. Anyhow, I am happy gorging on the steamed whole chicken. So smooth and juicy :)
Then the I use the remaining chicken broth to make cabbage soup. Tasty!

Occasionally I make desserts. Last week I made chocolate brownies and this week its cheesecake.

All the above totals to 9 pounds only and it is a meal fit for three people. Savvy!

No comments:

Post a Comment