Monday 5 August 2013

Pret A Manger and Itsu

I love Pret A Manger and at Victoria Street, I found out they have one of the biggest Pret A Manger shop I have seen.

If you have not been to London, you need to know that there is Pret A Manger at almost every corner of London streets especially where the tourist attractions are situated.

The owners of Pret A Manger also recently opened Itsu, which is a Japanese restaurant.

Its concept is similar to Pret A Manger where dine in was more expensive than take-away and the 'products on shelf' concept was the same.

I personally enjoy dining in Pret A Manger and Itsu because everything from the sandwiches to the sushi and to the tables were always well arranged and organised. The floor is never filthy and the  staff make it a point to serve within 1 minute and clean the tables within that time too.

I have tried Itsu's salmon teriyaki and salmon sushi box.

Most of Itsu's fish range are salmon, either sashimi, sushi or  rolls. They also have tuna fish sushi and edamame. Recently, the bento boxes came out which was a variety like teriyaki chicken and others. I love edamame so I liked that they have meals which comes with a side of edamame. Besides cold food, they also serve hot food like duck hot pot and others. I would have tried the duck hot pot when I visited Itsu but unfortunately they do not serve duck on weekends. Itsu also have their own range of drinks. I tried their raspberry water. It tasted like water and cough medicine. Not my taste at all.


Best of all, with this concept, customers get to see the end products of the food before making their choice. Its better than looking at a list of menu with no pictures and trying to guess how the food will turn out.

On another note, while strolling around london I stumbled upon the house of the guy who made penicillin! 
I know this because it was written on that blue round sign on its wall.
:):)


No comments:

Post a Comment