Saturday 8 December 2012

Glasgow Christmas Market 2012 (Part 2/3): What I liked

At first, I thought Glasgow Christmas Market was only a nighttime event. But, I found out it opens as early as 9am. The earliest I have been to the market was 11am. I had an eye check appointment inside St Enoch.
Deco inside St Enoch Centre



The market was just outside St. Enoch Centre. So, the smell of food from the market was also inside the building.
View of the Christmas Market from St Enoch Centre

Chocolates from a chocolate shop inside St Enoch Centre. Some chocolates had christmas themes, which were quite cute, like penguins, santa, raindeers etc


I loved the variety in Glagsow Christmas Market. This was the first time I really went round looking at what was sold. So far I have tried churros (4 pounds), kangaroo burger (3.50 pounds), venison burger (3.50 pounds), Italian chocolate (priced by weight) and German sausage (4 pounds). All the food bought were shared between my friends and I.

There were many types of German sausages. But, I was recommended to try the red sausage as it had the most flavour. It was really juicy and tasty. I crave for more as I type here.





Most of the kitchen has this huge grill to cook which looked pretty awesome. Maybe that was why the sausages tasted fantastic.

I was excited when I saw churros. The last time I had churros was outside Star Hill in Malaysia. The first time I had churros was in Disneyland Los Angeles and that was the best churros I ever had. I have not found one that beats USA's churros. The churros sold here at the Glasgow Christmas Market tasted alright. It was a big portion, hence, I would recommend sharing it with another friend. Imagine eating 10 'you tiao'...jelak! Churros taste like 'you tiao' except it is crispier and the filling was not so airy/light like 'you tiao'.
The shop which sells churros, crepes and waffles

Churros with a choice of topping - sugar, plain, nutella or cinnamon



After having churros as our appetizer, my friends and I bought some burgers. Burger patties for sale were kangaroo, wild boar, venison, ostrich and springbok. We wanted to try the ones which we rarely see anywhere else. Therefore, we tried the kangaroo burger and venison burger. I could not really tell the difference in the meat. It was fresh and tasted alright. But, I remember wishing the burgers had more flavour. Anyway, that was just my opinion. My friends and I actually looked forward to trying those burgers because another friend said he could eat the Venison Burgers there everyday as it was delicious.


Italian chocolates, like I blogged previously, was very good. Even after I refrigerated the chocolate, it did not turn hard.

There was one interesting item sold called a Multi Whisk. It can whisk stuff till it becomes foamy in seconds. Food for making sponge cakes and good aromatic coffee. Cost 10 pounds. Normal price as seen on tv cost 15 pounds.



There was also a stall selling Christmas themed garden decorations at the Dutch Flower stall. I saw Christmas trees too.


Raindeers and cute penguins for sale




Another interesting thing that I came across were 'The best Macaroons in the world'. The size of the macaroons were bigger than usual and it was not those normal colourful ones we see selling everywhere. Best of all, it is freshly baked.





For more interesting pictures of other stalls available at the Glasgow Christmas Market, PLEASE CLICK HERE






No comments:

Post a Comment