Sunday 16 December 2012

Scottish Highland Cows (Cattle) @ Pollock Country Park

This trip was perfect because the temperature was 7 degree Celcius and it did not rain. After experiencing minus 6 degrees for two days, 7 degrees felt like nothing. We walked so much in the park till halfway through I was walking without my jacket on.


This trip was perfect ALSO because I had the chance to see Highland Cows! First of all, I would like to say that if I did not follow the tour, I would think that I will just be in Pollock Country House visiting the museums and the famous maze. I would not have found the Highland cattle because we needed to walk further up to see it. There were two museums in this park which I did not visit.



The first farmland we walked by had Highland cows but the cows were really far away. The tour guide thought this would be the only chance we would get to see the cows, hence he directed us to trudge through some muddy undeveloped farmland near to where the cows were, in hopes of us getting a closer look at the cows. There were plenty of thin branches with sharp tiny torns. Thank god for jackets and long pants. I could hear the torns scratching (or maybe tearing) my pants as I walked through the path. I think someone once came to this place to poop a I saw a pile of it.


We could go no further as there was a river between us and the farm. We took shots of the cows from where we were. Very tiny shots.

When we were back on the main road of the park, we walked further up and lol behold, we saw another farmland with Highland cows right in front of our face. We spent a good 30 minutes or so just looking and snapping pictures of the cows.


The Highland cows looked so peaceful with no worries in the world. They did not moo at all. They hardly budge from their spot except one which came closer to us. The horns on them makes them look fierce like bulls, but they were really gentle. They have cool hairstyles too :P



Besides the cows, we also saw this huge tree believed to look like that due to a witch curse.


On the way back to the train station, I saw a set of teeth (i an guessing false teeth) in front of the Pollock Park sign board. It was intriguing but disgusting at the same time. Anything other than that, the park was fantastic.


I met some elves and horses wearing Santa hats too.

No comments:

Post a Comment